Monday, June 23, 2008

This is sickening...

This morning, my babysitter told me a young girl (17 year old) was raped by a policeman from Putra Heights police station, near to my staying place. At first thought, I thought that was another false information.....another wild allegations to our great force....
But I was wrong, in total shock when the news was confirmed and reported in a local Chinese newspaper. This was not even highlighted in The Star, which was busy reporting about the PM gets votes of confidence where a Government motion was supported with a majority.
I was sick, totally disgust, fill with anger by the raping news, which happened right inside my neighbourhood.
Before this, I received emails from my neighbours informing of car stolen and house break-in cases in this month (June). Here we always expect the authorities to protect us but somehow one of the rotten wombs in the force come and rob our families dignity.
I am totally ashamed, and disgusted with this shameful behaviour of the policeman (who is known to be from Sabah, married with kids), I cannot imagine what would be the feeling of this shameless animal if this is to happen to his family.
Yes, we can always blame to the victim family why they let the girl went out in such a late night until early morning, but, isn't this great force suppose to be a discipline and respected figure when in duty? Aren't they suppose to protect and comes to our rescue when we are in danger? But where are they now? I hardly see these patrol cars patrolling around my neighbourhood nowadays, but still, I am worried, even if they come, would one of them be the bad apples who is waiting for a great opportunity to strike?
I pray and hope the Government should be more sensitive to the rising security cases in this country, and not burdening the rakyat with more unnecessary hike of petrol prices. Please, Pak Lah, concentrate on the security, peacefulness of the rakyat, be this one of your main agenda in your system, do not wait till the rakyat suffer again, and again. Wake up, please....

No comments: